Monday, September 11, 2006

Mindy aka Melody



Mindy is one of the "big" girls.. She is always there! Never in the way.. Never intrusive. There. Watching. Figuring out stuff.


I brought Mindy to my husband for analysis. He was sitting watching the evening news in his favorite chair. It was pretty much a new situation for Mindy. She had been in the house a couple of time for pictures and other stuff but not long and never in the chair.

Here are my husband's comments ( he is a rancher and cutting horse trainer with a Ph.D in equine reproduction..if you can imagine) :


" Awesome Full of "quiet confidence" confident about new situations.. not intimidated at all.."

He put her outside after his anlysis and she met me on the way back to the house.. I grabbed her up and she delighted me with a great big smile.. and then when I put her down she pulled at my jean pants.

A delightful, secure puppy...

who now has a new home in Oklahoma with Renee and her family. Renee's family has a long history with English Shepherds going back several generations.. Her sister, Karen, currently raises English Shepherd and has one of Ringo's sister as the Mom of her puppies.

Mindy is going to be the member of the Rhodes' family and is destined to be a further Mom of some great English Shepherd pups.


Here is a picture of Melody 2007 sent by her family


3 comments:

Lynda McCall said...

Comments from Mindy's new owners:

She is acclimating very well. Last night she spent her first night out of her crate… in fact, she spent the whole night cuddling on my bed.

She and Sophie (the blonde lab) get along like they’ve known each other for ever. One of the cats thinks she is… acceptable. The others think she’s a dog (But apparently not a dog like Sophie, because they think she is one of the pride.)

Today has been a great puppy day. Potty training has gone very well. She started asking today to go outside to potty… on the other hand, she also poo-ed on the floor for the first time.

Today she went for her first car ride since the monster-ride home. She did great. I let her explore the yard outside Andy’s office. She explored, but never wandered too far from me. And when it was time to go, I said, “Come on Melody!” And she perked her head up, and came bounding after me. One of the things I so loved about Wildfire was the way she was always so tuned into me. Melody reacted the exact same way.

Today she has very playful, both with her dog and her kids… and the dad. Andy & Melody are outside now rolling around in the grass.

We did have one ‘come to Jesus’ meeting last night when she was eating the cat’s food. I told her no, that this is not for puppies, but she insisted. It took her about 10 minutes of both of us insisting before I convinced her that I am in charge. But she learned what I mean by no, and has obeyed me quickly since.

She’s been through a lot of changes, but she’s doing great. Thanks for breeding a great little dog.

Karnie said...

Melody (was Mindy) has really stolen my sister's heart. She tells me that Melody inserts herself into any situation where one of the kids is hurt/crying and starts passing out puppy kisses and calms the situation down.

What a great puppy!

Lynda McCall said...

great story I just received about about Mindy aka Melody..


"Gotta tell you a short story about Melody. Renee said that three different times in the past few days, the kids have been playing and *someone* got hurt and started to cry. She said that in each instance, Melody inserted herself in the middle of it and started giving everyone kisses and calmed the situation. What a SWEET puppy... and one who's already on the job at just 10 weeks of age!! ""